The following standing committees, with the exception of the Executive Committee, shall have its members appointed from the membership by the President and will be specifically assigned duties by and shall report to the Board periodically as determined by the President or a quorum majority of the Board. Committee appointments are made by the President during election years (every odd-numbered year) and are for two year renewable terms.
The Executive Committee is responsible for the management of the business of the NAVAO and advises the President on all policy matters of the Association. The Executive Committee consists of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President.
- Nancy Wong, O.D., Ph.D., FAAO (President & Chair)
- Jennifer Gustafson, O.D., FAAO (Vice-President)
- Janel Chou, O.D., FAAO (Secretary)
- Makesha Sink, O.D., FAAO (Treasurer)
- Brian S Kawasaki, O.D, M.B.A., FAAO (Immediate Past President)
The Finance Committee monitors funds and assists the Treasurer in the collection and disbursements of funds. The committee also projects future financial demands and sources for the Association.
- Makesha Sink, O.D., FAAO (Treasurer and Chair)
- Glenn Saxon, O.D., FAAO
- Brooke Smith, O.D., FAAO
The Membership Committee recommends means for membership retention and growth and monitors pertinent data about the membership.
- Katherine Wang, O.D., FAAO (Membership Director and Chair)
- Amber Louprasong, O.D. (Vice-Chair)
- Theresa Chong Fernandez, O.D., FAAO
- Janel Chou, O.D., FAAO (Executive Committee Liaison)
- Rachel Caywood, O.D., FAAO
- Joy A Kerns, O.D., FAAO
- Rebecca Kline, O.D., FAAO
- Susie Lim, O.D., FAAO
- David N. Lynne, OD , FAAO
- Jarett Mazzarella, O.D., FAAO
- Heather Spampinato, O.D., FAAO
The Events Committee is responsible for planning and overseeing all NAVAO functions, including the annual NAVAO Business Meeting, Reception, and Dinner.
- Molly B. McGinty-Tauren, O.D., FAAO (Events Committee Director and Chair)
- Jennifer Gustafson, O.D., FAAO
- Rebecca Forman, O.D., FAAO
- Kelly Thomann, O.D., FAAO
- Katherine Wang, O.D., FAAO
The Newsletter Committee is responsible for maintaining a formal communications link with the membership and assists the Newsletter Editor with publishing the quarterly NAVAO Newsletter.
- David M Galeoto, O.D., FAAO (Newsletter Editor and Chair)
- Nancy Wong, O.D., Ph.D., FAAO (Executive Committee Liaison)
- Treacy Adamo, OD, MS, FAAO
- Carrie Ho, O.D., FAAO
- Terry Luk, O.D., FAAO
- Michelle Matson, O.D., FAAO
- Tam Nguyen, O.D., M.S., F.A.A.O.
- Kelly Richmond-Revy, O.D.
- Dawn N Tomasini, O.D., FAAO
- Robert Wang, O.D., FAAO
The Technology Committee is responsible for communicating with the membership via online technology. The Committee will maintain the NAVAO website, make suggestions for its improvement or enhancement, and conduct events requiring technological support as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Kevin J. Mercado, O.D., FAAO (Director of Technology and Chair)
- Brian S Kawasaki, O.D, M.B.A., FAAO (Executive Committee Liaison)
- Justin M. Cole, O.D., FAAO
- Jason Powell, O.D., FAAO
- Richard Zimbalist, O.D., FAAO
- Brett Zwolensky, O.D., FAAO