The following standing committees, with the exception of the Executive Committee, shall have its members appointed from the membership by the President and will be specifically assigned duties by and shall report to the Board periodically as determined by the President or a quorum majority of the Board. Committee appointments are made by the President during election years (every odd-numbered year) and are for two year renewable terms.
The Executive Committee is responsible for the management of the business of the NAVAO and advises the President on all policy matters of the Association. The Executive Committee consists of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President.
- Kevin J. Mercado, O.D., FAAO (President)
- Molly McGinty-Tauren, O.D., FAAO (Vice-President)
- Janel Chou, O.D., FAAO (Secretary)
- Heather Demarco, O.D. (Treasurer)
- Nancy Wong, O.D., Ph.D., FAAO (Immediate Past President)
The Finance Committee monitors funds and assists the Treasurer in the collection and disbursements of funds. The committee also projects future financial demands and sources for the Association.
- Heather Demarco, O.D. (Treasurer and Chair)
- Molly McGinty-Tauren, O.D., FAAO
The Membership Committee recommends means for membership retention and growth and monitors pertinent data about the membership.
- Katherine Wang, O.D., FAAO (Membership Director and Chair)
- Jennifer L. Monarrez, O.D. (Vice-Chair)
- Janel Chou, O.D., FAAO (Executive Committee Liaison)
- Matthew Beard, O.D., FAAO
- Rachel Caywood, O.D., FAAO
- Kirk Halvorson, O.D.
- Rebecca Kline, O.D., FAAO
- Susie Lim, O.D., FAAO
- Jessica Mai, O.D.
- Jarett Mazzarella, O.D., FAAO
- Kristin McDougall, O.D., FAAO
- Mark McKenzie, O.D.
- Jennifer L. Monarrez, O.D.
- Kelly Richmond-Revy, O.D., FAAO
- Shannon K. Santapaola, O.D., FAAO
- Amber Scharnweber, O.D., FAAO
- Heather Spampinato, O.D., FAAO
- Nina T. Tran, O.D.
- Tiffany Tucker, O.D., FAAO
The Events Committee is responsible for planning and overseeing all NAVAO functions, including the annual NAVAO Business Meeting and Reception
- Carla Gilbertson, O.D., FAAO (Events Committee Director and Chair)
- Heather DeMarco, O.D. (Executive Committee Liaison)
- Christopher Bugajski, O.D., FAAO
- Sarah Dieter, O.D.
- Amy Knapke, O.D., FAAO
- Nancy Shenouda-Awad, O.D., FAAO
- Heather Spampinato, O.D., FAAO
- Katherine Wang, O.D., FAAO
The Newsletter Committee is responsible for maintaining a formal communications link with the membership and assists the Newsletter Editor with publishing the quarterly NAVAO Newsletter.
- Carrie Ho, O.D., FAAO (Newsletter Editor and Chair)
- Nancy Wong, O.D., Ph.D., FAAO (Executive Committee Liaison)
- Lisa Beard, O.D., FAAO
- Hyewon Chang, O.D., FAAO
- Brett Garee, O.D., FAAO
- Anju Kanikunnel, O.D., FAAO
- Andrew Mangum, O.D., FAAO
- Michelle Nguyen, O.D.
- Shradha Parikh, O.D.
The Technology Committee is responsible for communicating with the membership via online technology. The Committee will maintain the NAVAO website, make suggestions for its improvement or enhancement, and conduct events requiring technological support as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Meaghan Horton, O.D., FAAO (Director of Technology and Chair)
- Kevin J. Mercado, O.D., FAAO (Executive Committee Liaison)
- Alvaro Castillo, O.D., FAAO
- Rachael Lloyd, O.D.
- Tran Nguyen, O.D., FAAO
Technology Sub-Committee on Continuing Education
- Amber Louprasong, O.D., FAAO (Coordinator)
- Robert Binkley, O.D., FAAO
- Angella Gentry, O.D., FAAO