2016 NAVAO Meeting
Save the date!
The NAVAO meeting dates/times are set and will be held at the Hilton Anaheim in conjunction with the American Academy of Optometry meeting in Anaheim, CA
- Business meeting: Thursday, November 10 at 7:15-8:00. Hilton Pacific Ballroom B, 2nd floor.
- Meeting/Reception: Thursday, November 10 at 8:15. Hilton Pacific Ballroom C, 2nd floor.
Registration information will be available online in the near future.
About the NAVAO
The National Association of VA Optometrists (NAVAO) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1977. The objectives of the NAVAO are to encourage and promote the best possible primary eye and vision care for our nation's veterans and to promote the education, training, professional growth, and welfare of optometric staff, residents, and students. The NAVAO is also dedicated to fostering camaraderie and professional development among VA optometrists. Any VA staff, attending, consultant, research fellow, resident optometrist, or any other optometrist having an interest in VA optometry is eligible for membership.
Benefits of membership include:
- Professional recognition in a national optometric organization
- Access to FAQ sheets on topics of interest to VA optometrists
- Opportunities to network with other VA optometrists
- Access to information about policies and guidelines that affect VA practice
- Quarterly newsletter
- Invitation to the annual NAVAO business meeting and dinner
- Access to minutes of the monthly VA Optometry Service conference calls
The NAVAO is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(6) non-profit tax-exempt organization.
Please click on the 'Join Us' tab to the left and select your appropriate membership category to join.
Thank you for your support of VA Optometry!
Nancy Wong, O.D., Ph.D., FAAO