NAVAO Annual Meeting 2014
NAVAO held its annual business meeting and reception on November 13, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency Denver Hotel in conjunction with the American Academy of Optometry Meeting.
Many thanks to all of our members and distinguished guests in attendance. Our keynote speaker was Dr. Linda Casser, OD, FAAO. We look forward to seeing our members at next year's meeting in New Orleans!
NAVAO Scholarship 2014
For 2014, NAVAO awarded 10 Resident Scholarships, each in the amount of $250, for active resident members attending the American Academy of Optometry Meeting in Denver Colorado. NAVAO received over 50 highly qualified scholarship applicants. The NAVAO Resident Scholarships were generously sponsored by:
- The National Association of VA Optometrists (NAVAO)
- The American Board of Certification in Medical Optometry (ABCMO)
- International Engineering Technology (IET) Foundation
The NAVAO Resident Scholarships were conferred at the NAVAO meeting held at the American Academy of Optometry meeting. Congratulations to the NAVAO Scholarship recipients!
About the NAVAO
The National Association of VA Optometrists (NAVAO) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1977. The objectives of the NAVAO are to encourage and promote the best possible primary eye and vision care for our nation's veterans and to promote the education, training, professional growth, and welfare of optometric staff, residents, and students. The NAVAO is also dedicated to fostering camaraderie and professional development among VA optometrists. Any VA staff, attending, consultant, research fellow, resident optometrist, or any other optometrist having an interest in VA optometry is eligible for membership.
Benefits of membership include:
- Professional recognition in a national optometric organization
- Access to FAQ sheets on topics of interest to VA optometrists
- Opportunities to network with other VA optometrists
- Access to information about policies and guidelines that affect VA practice
- Quarterly newsletter
- Invitation to the annual NAVAO business meeting and dinner
- Access to minutes of the monthly VA Optometry Service conference calls
The NAVAO is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(6) non-profit tax-exempt organization.
Please click on the 'Join Us' tab to the left and select your appropriate membership category to join.
Thank you for your support of VA Optometry!
Nancy Wong, O.D., Ph.D., FAAO